| Mobile| RSS

Totem of Electrifying Wind

Thursday, September 3, 2009 | posted in | 3 comments


I have been reading some of the theorycrafting boards lately and came across some ideas about Totem of Electrifying Wind. From all of the testing it looks like this Totem is BiS instead of Totem of Hex. I decided to spend the badges and grab one to see for myself and I do believe the tests. With a 6 sec ICD and a 70% proc rate the extra 200 haste proc is up all the time. This allowed me to cast Lightning Bolts at 1.5 secs and using a haste trinket like Spider's Embrace 1.3 secs. The new Totem is definitely worth the badges I spent.


There has also been a lot of discussion about how important haste is to Elemental Shamans. I personally still like stack SP over haste but I realize how important Haste is to our dps a little better now. I am going to replace all of my epic SP gems with SP/Haste to see what type of dps I put out and will update this post after testing.


To wrap up Totem of Electrifying Wind is now Best in Slot for Elemental Shamans and should be on everyone's shopping list.


To read the theorycrafting, click here.

3 Responses So far
gravatar
Unknown
on January 12, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

How do you think this totem compares to
Bizuri's Totem of Shattered Ice? I've been thinking that maybe this totem is better Totem of EW since it is 100% proc per flame shock tick which would amount to 220haste after 5 stacks. I am assuming that this would proc per tick if the tooltip is correct. Still don't have the emblems to test it out myself.

gravatar
Hakawa
on January 12, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

Looks like it is time to update this post or write a new one. To answer your question ToSI is now best in slot for elemental shamans. The new totem will be on your shopping list it just depends on when you want to spend the badges on it.

Hak

gravatar
Unknown
on January 12, 2010 at 8:12 PM  

Thanks for that. I regret wasting 30 emblems on my TofEW :S

Post a Comment


Blogger Widgets
Popular Posts Widget

Twitter